Allied Beverage Group, the largest distributor of wine and spirits products in New Jersey, is looking for a Receiving Supervisor for our West Caldwell, NJ location.
This person controls the returns operation of delivery operation. They also supervise and report on the accurate return, documentation and slotting for put-away of merchandise. This position works with the Night Warehouse Manager to assign available personnel to put returns away and other warehouse tasks as the shift progresses to maintain continuous workflow and expedition of work. They take personal responsibility for controlling the paperwork connected to each delivery. They personally spot check all returns made from pick-ups on routes and they assign others to check the counts on other loads.
Our Receiving Supervisor works Tuesday through Friday, 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
· Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies in return of merchandise.
· Recommend action be taken on breakage or shorts which are abnormal in nature. Tracking history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records.
· Direct the daily processing of incoming product returns.
· Ensure the inspection and disposition of Product Returns fulfills operational guidelines for Quality control.
· Improves the efficiency of put-away and receipt of invoices/paperwork from drivers by studying and standardizing procedures.
· Responsible for compiling reports (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports) regarding returns activities.
· Inventoried items are properly stored in designated locations in order to facilitate access for delivery.
· Collaborate pro-actively with peers in Continuous Improvement Activities related to productivity and inventory accuracy. This will be accomplished through evaluating current processes, identifying, recommending and implementing changes.
· Contributes to team effort by assisting in special projects as needed.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Assists the Distribution Center Managers and Supervisors in supporting and enforcing the safety program.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
· Enforce all safety rules and OSHA standards
Manages members of the team in the receiving area. Responsible for providing effective leadership while fostering a positive team environment and providing overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of organizational unit, department and/or functional area. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing, rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
Associates Degree Required
At least 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficiency of MS Office, Outlook, and other various computer applications are essential to the success of this position.
· Considerable judgments required to plan and perform routine work where only general methods are available.
· Ability to make decisions involving considerable initiatives and ingenuity.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines. The attention to detail is particularly important to this function
· Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence.
· Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment and is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Associate may require exposure to inclement weather.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Allied Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics.